Saturday, April 16, 2011

Reality Check

So .... if last semester was a breeze; this semester is a hurricane.  I went from doing cute little "cut and paste" weekly assignments to on-going semester long projects, weekly quizes, and 25 page essays.

Don't get me wrong, I love all my classes.  Fashion Awareness (the history course) is soooo interesting but the project we have to do takes a lot of man hours.  I spent the afternoon at the library last week trying to find pictures of Edwardian fashion and discovered it's very hard to find colour portraits from the early 1900's. 

My marketing professer assigned us a 25 page paper last week.  The topic: one product.  Not a brand, not a line, a specific product.  So if I wanted to do jewelry, for example,  I wouldn't choose Tiffany's; I would choose the Tiffany 1837 Bangle.  I'd really like to do my report on something as elegant as Tiffany's jewelry, or Givenchy cosmetics but I think I will keep it simple.  Simple = common = more research material available = less room for error.  I'm thinking Burts Bee's Lipbalm.  Opinion?

                                                         LIFE IN VANCOUVER

I don't see Montana too often anymore.  She's got a new boyfriend and hides away at his place in East Vancouver.  It's fine, I like the quiet sometimes.  Plus it means I don't have to do her dishes. She's kind of like living with a boy that way .....

I'm running the Vancouver Sun Run tommorrow morning; 10km of death.  Plus, I'm going to party tonight which I know isn't the wisest desicion but I'm doing it anyways.   I have a new philosophy on life and if I turn down the invite for tonight then I will be going against my new-found philosophy.  I can't dissapoint mysef .... I'd be so dissapointed!

I saw a skunk for the first time ever.

A crack addict recently thought me a lesson in human-kindess. I was embarrased and felt like an asshole.

and finally ..... I totally understand "the freshman 15" now and I think it's disgusting.  I joined a boot camp (gotta love Groupon) and I start next week.  I'm going to Vegas next month and gotta get fit for all that sunbathing and outlet shopping :)

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud a few times. You are funny.

    PS I like Burt's Bees.

    ReplyDelete