Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!!!!

Well, I gotta be honest .... I was super dissapointed that the would-be 3rd Annual Easter Beer Hunt was cancelled this year due to a lack of hooliganism tendancies in my Vancouver friends.  So instead, I became an adult and (with Montana, of course) hosted a fabulous dinner.  It was a good turn out! Char, Michael, Bryn, and my old roommate Justin Bedard.  Sierra was on her way when she popped a tire and had to call a tow truck to put on her spare.  She didn`t feel safe driving her spare tire from Burnaby to Kits so unfortunately she had to stay home.  That`s okay though! More wine for me ......

Menu

Veggies - spinach salad with assorted bell peppers, grated carrots, chopped walnuts, dried cranberries, and goat cheese. Also steamed carrots with fresh dill

Starch - mashed yams with brown sugar; roasted yams with cinnamon; scalloped potatoes; dinner rolls (bought, not made.  wish we had Maaam`s freshly baked buns)

Main - pork roast with garlic and fresh rosemary and caramelized onions sauted in pork drippings

Dessert - Charmaine made a delightful Chocolate Cream Pie.  It was the most delicious thing I have ever tasted in my life.



1 comment:

  1. I like how you threw in "also steamed carrots with fresh dill" as if it was an afterthought. Which it was, since you forgot about them :)

    Also, thank you! Did you enjoy the pie leftovers? I was jealous the next day, when I was seriously jonesin' for some chocolate.

    Thanks again for hosting! xoxo

    ReplyDelete