Monday, March 28, 2011

Tout Le Monde

During my travels in South America I began to feel really inspired with all the different shops in all the different countries. Brazilian jewelry, Peruvian wool, Argentian leather .... the list goes on. I started to recognize an unfortunate reality; we cannot buy these items in Victoria. I'm sure a few stores here and there offer samples of such items -Ten Thousand Villages for example - but no fashionable boutiques really offer a plethora of universally unique items. So I started to brainstorm and I started to sketch. My ideas turned into a floor plan of the boutique I would like to open one day - Tout Le Monde - literally meaning All the World. So when we were asked to make a porfolio about an imaginary business in my Art and Tech class, I was excited because I already had the ideas and now it was only a matter of translating those ideas into cohesive images in photoshop. Click on the link below to see the final product - it's worth 40% of my mark so I hope you, as well as my prof, likes it :) http://www.scribd.com/doc/51728087

2 comments:

  1. Lisa I think the website is absolutely wonderful! Creative, original, and personal. I'd want to shop at your store!! Just so outstanding, really. I'm always amazed at your talent, but I don't know why I'm surprised. You're inspired by a topic you love. Well done. I give you top marks. And someday I hope you realize your dream. Don't let anyone steal your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa:
    what a great blog, and fantastic write up on your South America adventure! Wow what a lay out, it also was great!! I am sure your prof will also agree.
    keep up the great work, I look forward to reading it. Remember dreams do come true, and so will Tout Le monde.
    Love Chris

    ReplyDelete